-
FORUM K-LISTS HOME
The Rules

House Eros - Adult Roleplay Forum

Author Topic: Hatefully Yours, My Darling [Milky Gateau x Parker Lawson]  (Read 139 times)

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
  • Seeking that Sweet Treat
Hatefully Yours, My Darling [Milky Gateau x Parker Lawson]
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:14:21 am »
She walked like an ocean wave, with silvery hair that ended in foam and smelled of the rain. With skin that glimmered as if fresh from the waters, the Sorceress of the Seas walked with confidence in her power...the power that should given her the title of Queen ages ago. Neirashe headed through the Hall of the Lords, till she would reach the balcony where some grand announcement would be made this day. Who knows--Perhaps that darling old King was finally going to pass down his crown...It was about time. 'Honestly, how could there ever be any doubt that I am the right choice for Queen?'
Sure, she could be capricious, fickle...Her rage was an unforgiving tempest, but she had dedicated her life, her magic, to doing what she felt was right. All those countless tomes, those treasures washed deep into history--all that she had accomplished? Hadn't she proven her worth to the people and the Council of Lords? What did a few...mishaps and bribes matter in the grander scheme of things. Or, maybe she just enjoyed causing a little mischief from time to time. Still!

Neirashe headed out onto the balcony, where several Lords were already seated. Below, the people were whispering and laughing, as all waited for the arrival of the King and this mysterious announcement. As she lounged in her chair, casting a pleasant smile to those beside her, she couldn't help but notice that the King wasn't the only one missing from the group. For a split moment, her lips soured into a sneer. No doubt he'd be here too. That wretched burning thorn in her side...! The one that dared think his magic better than hers--Full of hot air, that's all he was! She pouted to herself. If anything, he was probably the entire reason she wasn't yet Queen. Always trying to outdo her, plotting behind her back, and trying to affect the council's sway over to them. How deplorable!
...Fine, so she did the exact same to him, but fair was fair.

Whatever. She wasn't going to let him ruin her good time today. Whatever this announcement was, it was sure to be a big one...Why else call the whole Kingdom to hear it?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:17:25 pm by Milky Gateau »

Parker Lawson

• Notable Adult Roleplayer
  • I...may have over extended myself...
Re: Hatefully Yours, My Darling [Milky Gateau x Parker Lawson]
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:13:41 pm »

Alexi was shaking as he walked out of a side room. A spy close to the King had told him what was about to be announced but it was too late. There wasn't a damn thing he could do to stop it. He stood on the edge of the room, looking like he'd seen a ghost. All of his plotting and scheming to take the throne or at the very least keep it out of the hands of the water folk was falling apart in front of him, and short of a civil war there wasn't any way out of it.

He closed his eyes, thinking about all the times he'd faced off with that damn woman! About how he'd foiled her plan to become duchess of the south, about how she'd kept him from becoming the court mage. That one really stung! A bit of flame spurted from the top of his head and he simply leaned against the wall, and watched as that old bastard came strolling out of his private quarters.

The king smiled, and looked to both Alexi and Neirashe, pure mischief in his eyes. "My fellow lords and ladies. As you know, I am becoming advanced in years and still not picked a successor. I have gone back and forth over who such a person should be and since we only reward ability, not bloodline I have come to the decision. I will be making two people my successor, and they have agreed to become married as part of it!"

The crowd gasped, everyone wondering who it could be, perhaps someone from another land? But what happened next stunned everyone "I am pleased to announce the marriage of Alexi, and Neirashe! And will retire as soon as the pair and wed!" The crowd was frozen for a moment before it burst into applause! "brilliant!" One person said "Oh both are so powerful and influential, it will be a wonderful match!"

Alexi was pushed by the crowd to Neriashe, looking like he was on his way to an execution. Once he approached her though he put on his best fake smile "We...are just so happy!" He said, causing the crowd to cheer again...and the King laugh.
kinks https://houseeros.com/kinks/display.php?id=10216

Holy cow I just started a group rp and it is taken up a lot of my rp time so unless I am already talking to you I will not be starting any new rps until further notice.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:03:49 am »
She barely gave Alexi a passing glance as he walked out, oblivious to the horror he had learned. As far as she knew, he was always glowering like the hot head he was! How nice it'd be when she'd one day be finally rid of his dour presence. Oh, if she only knew the truth...At the King's arrival, Neirashe straightened up in her seat, and smoothed out her gown. 'Finally!' she thought; they would all learn what this 'great announcement' of his was and she'd be able to get on with her day. Spells didn't just cast themselves, after all. Although...what was that strange look the King had given them just then? Neirashe appeared serene as the King spoke, hiding the severe disappointment she felt when he'd announce that a couple were to be the next Rulers of the land. 'Well so much for being Queen,' the woman thought, 'I suppose it's not the end--once I find out who these little throne-snatchers are, I'm certain it'll be easy enough to get them under m--'

"...m pleased to announce the marriage of Alexi, and Neirashe!..."

She froze. Had...had she heard right? She tried to keep her calm facade steady, though her smile had fallen away. Still waters began to stir inside of her as she stood up, staring with widening eyes at the King--the people were cheering! Oh no...Oh no no no, this had to be a mistake! Her? Married? And to him of all people! No!

Neirashe moved to reach out to the King, to make sense of this sudden proclamation but instead she now faced Alexi. The man whom she traded thwart for baulk and scheme and scheme for...who remembered how many years! Her heart pounded in her eyes like a storm at the taller man, drowning up the cheering of the crowd, the trumpets, the congratulatory fanfare...the King's laughter. No...No no no nonononononeveryonewaswatchimgononONONONONONONO

A stiff smile stretched across her plump lips as she looked back at Alexi. "...we are overjoyed."

KRCKSH!

She didn't know what she had thrown--a glass or a vase--it only mattered that she had. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" she shouted, glaring at the king and letting her fury fly now that they were out of the public eye. Her hair thrashed about her and her arms shook with rage. "I don't recall EVER agreeing to any sort of thing like marriage--and certainly not to him!"

Parker Lawson

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:00:51 am »
The King had done something truly amazing. He had turned two people who had done nothing but fight each other their entire lives into two people angry at the same person for the same reason. "for once Neirashe is right! You have turned me into a fool and put us in the worst position of our lives. How in the hell are we supposed to get out of this because by all the flames of hell I will NEVER share a bed with this woman!" He turned to her, a look of pure disgust on his face. He then gagged just a little, imaging what listening to that shrill voice all night would be like.

The King just laughed "then you will not be married, neither of you will EVER rule this land and everyone will know it is because you both defied the last request of a King that only want to hand you both the throne." he took a deep breath, and put his hands behind his back. "I am dying, I have no more than 3 months left to live. Some kind of cancer and no mage or healer has been able to fix it. I need an heir and you were the only two candidates I could choose from. The problem is if I chose one it would likely end in civil war. So..." he took a deep breath and the frail old man looked like the lion of a man he was in his prime "YOU TWO CHILDREN LEFT ME WITH NO CHOICE! NOW FIGURE IT OUT! If you don't neither of you will ever be King or Queen and I will tell my successor to exile you both because you will be more trouble than you are worth."

Alexi fell back into his chair, for the first time in his life feeling utterly defeated. He could fight this, he might even win but what would he have left. He'd have a shell of a house after such a battle and his ambitions would end anyway. He turned to Neriashe, hoping she would have some scheme or plan to get them out of this. Some way to avoid a marriage. He shuttered again...marriages weren't legal in these lands until they were consummated.

Holy cow I just started a group rp and it is taken up a lot of my rp time so unless I am already talking to you I will not be starting any new rps until further notice.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:41:42 am »
"Oh don't you act all repulsed--!" She sneered at him, "who would even think of sharing a bed with you, you loud-mouthed, overgrown spark! I have absolutely no intention in letting your polluted hands anywhere near my body!" She pointed an almost accusatory finger his way and a little spark of lightning crackled from it. Neirashe sucked in a breath and swiveled away, lest the spark really did become a fullblown storm. But who could blame her for how INFURIATED she felt! How could the King even think of proposing the two of them go through with this! And to announce it to the entire land--Even if she could squirm her way out of this, it wouldn't be without some political, confusing mess. And, oh, the King absolutely knew this! He must have been planning this for some time and the thought made her sick. No, there had to be something she could still do!

But his next bit of news took the wind out from her sails. "Three months...?" she choked out. And just like that, she was silenced. Even her hair fell flat and uncharacteristically lifeless as if it was raining. Neirashe stared aghast at the King and actually flinched when he shouted--as though she really was a child being scolded. The threat of complete exile hung heavily over her head, but no matter what her mind spun again and again to what he had said earlier. "You're...dying?" Neirashe almost whispered, "you...y-you never said...! Why--!" But she couldn't find the words to speak with. Between the marriage announcement, the threat, his health...It was just simply too much. It was like her mind was being crushed between two stones! She barely even remembered Alexi was still in the room.

"...three months." She turned back to the King. "Three months," she repeated, "those mages aren't me--Give me three months to find a cure. If I succeed, you live, and we talk about...other plans. We'd have the time! If I can't then...

...then I will accept the marriage without another word of complaint. Just give me those three months."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:55:37 am »
The king sighed and looked to Neirashe "I spoke with the elder water elements by dear. This is going to happen. It is the price I paid for being a normal mortal man and exposing myself to magics for so long." He moved to Neirashe and took her hand, patting it softly. "I never had any daughters and in many ways you are closest thing I will ever have to one. Do this, do this for our people, and do this for me. I think in time you both can be a great king and queen. Besides" He paused, sitting down on a chair, and taking a deep breath. They days activities clearly exhausting him "you two didn't give me much choice. Your houses are too strong, and too equal."

Alexis listened to the pair, feeling guilty he didn't show more concern for the King. He started to say something but stopped himself. He knew anything he said now would just sound fake. He sighed, getting up and moving next to Neirashe and taking her hand. Gods it was disgusting touching the woman, though this time he hid it well. "then I'll do it for you my King. I promise you that before you die, I will have done everything I can to...fully marry Neirashe and secure the Kingdom." Ugh...he'd have to bed her, worse they'd likely have to have a child together in their first few years together to prove it was a real marriage. This was going to be a living hell. He turned to the King "my lord, may we take our leave of you? We have a great deal to discuss." He really just wanted to leave so the King could sleep. Honestly he'd have done anything to avoid the conversation that was about to happen.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:08 pm »
To see him so resigned to his fate--it hurt. Where was the man her parents spoke stories of, the one who inspired her to her path? Just when did her old friend become so...old. And frail. And why hadn't she noticed! Could she really accept that he was going to be taken away from this realm by some horrid sickness? She felt a hand wrap around hers and without hesitation she squeezed back. Somewhere in her mind Neirashe questioned why the hand felt so warm and large compared to her own, but the fleeting comfort it gave her pushed the thought away. She squeezed and squeezed, shaking as all words left her. She left the room with Alexi, all the while processing the mountain of information that had been thrust upon them since this morning. Gods, her head ached!

"...I don't care what he says," she mumbled, "I will not just watch him die like this." She knew she was being childish, delusional even. Medical magic was not her forte and if he really only had three months left, the chances were...
But she just wanted so badly for there to even be one.

Neirashe looked down and only then seemed to realize that the hand she had been so fervently clinging to belonged to him. "Ugh--Don't touch me!" She drew her arm back in disgust, and glared at Alexi for his audacity. How dare he! The thought of being in the same room with him was already enough to make her gag, but to share a bed with this brute? It'd be a thousand years before she'd let him explore her body that way. Still, she couldn't just walk out this little...engagement of theirs either. There was still the threat of exile if they didn't at least pretend to be happily...engaged. "I can't believe my livelihood is now dependent on being with you."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »
He sighed, a part of her wanted to yell at her for acting like a child. That would only make this harder on the King, but he didn't...there wasn't much of a point. He had other more pressing matters to attend to.

Alexi rolled his eyes when she started yelling at him and he moved to sit down. They were now in a sitting area in the castle, away from prying eyes. Turned around he rolled his eyes, leaning back and regarding the small water woman. She wasn't bad looking. If she stopped acting like a child for three seconds he might even find her attractive. He shook his head "I can't believe I was foiled by someone who acts like a child." he raised his leg, sitting it on her knee and watching her. His eyes unnaturally red as if he were staring into her very soul. "This isn't exactly my first choice either girl but we have two options. Wallow in our mutual misery and distaste for each other, or power through this. Unless of course you plan on defying the King. In which case think you for doing the single stupidest thing in your entire life." he took a deep breath and his red hair seemed to shoot up for a moment, as if air had been burst under a red hot flame "Now, will you kindly get the hell over your dislike for me, and let us start planning. I didn't get to this point in my life by dwelling on what I can't change. Pull yourself together and act like you aren't a spoiled child." That last part was too much...so maybe he was pissed off too...and maybe he was trying very very hard to not make it worse. He took a breath, trying to calm himself from the indignity of it all. "and holding your hand was for the King. I thought he deserved to see us at least trying to honor his wishes."

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 12:05:27 am »
'Girl'? 'Stupidest thing in her entire life'?! Oh that was the last straw! Neirashe descended upon Alexi--her legs hadn't seemed to move, she was just there in a second, hands on either side of his chair as she faced him. Her dark, inhuman eyes met his own red ones. She was shouting but maybe didn't realize she wasn't even speaking in the common tongue, but that of her own homeland. A strange, bubbling sound that would have almost sounded melodic if it weren't for how viciously she spat out her words. She didn't care if she looked childish to him--No one spoke to her that way! To hell with what he thought! She raised an arm as though getting ready to strike him across the face when her words pulled together something more familiar to his ears--"...RECK UTODON'T UNDERSTAND A THING OF HOW I FEEL!" Her chest heaved, breathless. She was still so...so angry, but what good did that do her? Clenching her teeth, Neirashe pulled herself away and pressed her palms to her eyes to bid her anger to wane. She turned her back to him and walked to the other side of the room, and after a moment she let out a shaky sigh. Followed by what sounded like...sniffling?

"So!" Still not facing him, Neirashe looked through a window and out to the town below the castle. She kept her voice steady, and quiet; "How...exactly do you propose we 'power through this'?"

Parker Lawson

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 01:17:20 am »
It was like a small ocean being wracked by a storm blew up in front of Alexi. He watched, his eyes going wide as he thought he'd have to defend himself. Gods what a child...he thought to himself as she through a temper tantrum. Though it was a good reminder of how she'd been able to outsmart him for so long. She was no amateur when it came to her powers, that was for sure. He didn't move when she turned around either, watching her with her back turned and...wait was she crying? God lord... He rolled his eyes at that. The only things keeping him from laughing at her were the news of the King...that was a blow and they did seem close. The other was it simply wasn't helpful. This was going to be his....wife and it did him no good to make her angry.

"we have to start thinking of ourselves...as an us." He said frankly. "The fact is we have been enemies for so long and we have so little time that there will be no easy ways to do this. We need to lock ourselves away from the world, for...I would say a month. We force ourselves to talk, to learn about each other. At the very least we will learn to not kill each other. To be frank, if we try to do this the traditional way, with courtship and flowers and all of that we will just end up angry and hurt. This way we will have a chance. No servants, no guards, just two people...learning to be..." he tried to hide his disgust at this next part "Husband and Wife."

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 02:24:42 am »
'Husband and wife'--those words absolutely made her shudder. "Sure, a whole month all by our lonesome and simply hoping neither of us try to kill the other...sounds wonderful," she grumbled. The thought of being essentially trapped in some place with her enemy, her opposite in every sense of the word, sounded like an absolute nightmare. But...at the very least they'd be away from the public eye; she was certain if she had to pretend to smile as much as she had this morning, she would have truly snapped. Neirashe let out another sigh, and pinched the bridge of her nose as she thought on this. "...It would have to be a neutral place," she said after a moment's thought, "To make sure we'd be on equal ground and no one to influence us. And, well..." She glanced over her shoulder at him, eyeing him up and down before letting her gaze linger on the flames that made his hair.
"...I doubt you'd very much appreciate being waterlogged."

If she wasn't feeling so morose, she might have smirked at the thought. A man of fire and a woman of water...hah! Who would have ever imagined a union such as this? And betwixt the two of them no less...All their schemes and plots ended, just like that. She'd have to see it before she believed it.

Parker Lawson

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 09:15:23 am »
Alexi listened, nodding. For only the second time today she'd had a good idea. Maybe she wasn't just a spoiled child after all. He leaned back, thinking for a long moment before he said "Ember island. It is one of the King's private getaways. We could ask him for it for a month, I am sure he'd say yes. It is an island so lot of water but there is a volcano in the center of it." He said, standing up slowly. He walked towards her, and for the first time in his life started to regard her as a woman. She was so small, not his usual type, but she was curvy...he did like that. His eyes focusing on her plump bottom for a moment...perhaps marriage to her wouldn't be so bad. Maybe he could just gag her while they had sex...that thought did bring a smile to his face. He sighed again though, it wouldn't be that easy. They had so many differences to work out. How to combine their houses, who would be doing what as King and Queen, how much power would each have independent of each other? Who would they appoint and fire in their new courts? How many children would they have? All the problems of marriage on top of learning to live with each other, and they only had three months to get most of that decided. He sighed loudly again "I would never have chosen you as a...wife" he said, forcing the word out "but this is out life. We can either choose to make the best of it or not." he then reached out his hand, a small peace offering to her.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:47 pm »
"Ember Island..." she repeated to herself, letting the words roll off her tongue as though she wasn't sure they were real. Her gaze continued to focus out the window and she leaned against the frame, unaware that he had suddenly come so close or was running his eyes over her body. Marriage...gods, she had never once thought about it before. Neirashe had filled her life with reckless adventures and studying magic up to this point, and even as she served as the head of her house the thought of union never crossed her mind. What did 'marriage' even mean? She had only her own parents to reference from, and theirs had been practically destined! Knowing each other since forever ago when they were tender pondlings, and swearing eternity, sharing everything together, learning together--They had loved each other from the start. Whereas this was a forced arrangement with someone whom she had only shared petty rivalries and heated words; How could she ever compare to them? Something about that thought caused an aching in her chest, and she stirred from her thoughts only at Alexi's sighing.

She turned, wide-eyed, as she realized the distance between them had drastically decreased. She had to careen her neck up to even meet his gaze--Were all of the fire folk this ridiculously tall, or was it just him? Neirashe was taken back by the offering of his hand and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. It was the first...almost gentle act she had even known him to make towards her and she blinked in response. Out of mere surprise she had almost reached out to lay her hand in his own but hesitated just before their hands could touch. "I..." Neirashe began to speak, hints of conflict reading in her expression. After a second she pulled her hand away and whatever she had wanted to say...she buried. "There's a lot I have to take care of before I can just up and leave for a month," she said instead, quiet and solemn. The water woman stepped around him and began to walk off, but not before leaving him with:
"I'll see you when we leave. For...our trip. Together."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:08 pm »
He sighed as she stumbled over he words and walked away from his handshake. Of course she'd ignore that. It seemed about par for the course at least. He shook his head again "yes, of course we wouldn't leave for today. It's no-" he paused. It did neither of them any good to send another barb at her. He took a deep breath "It will take me a few days to get my affairs in order as well. I have an airship to the south of the city. We can take that to Ember Island. I will also do some research on...how two people can deal with being in an arranged marriage. I suggest you do the same, otherwise this month will be even longer." With that he walked away, his mind already working on what he needed to do.

Alexi spent the next few days preparing the house to be without him for a full month. With the King's announcements it sort of froze everything in place. No one wanted to do anything yet until after the future leaders were married. Until then the people in the know were sitting back and watching. The hardest part was finding a place to keep his experiments. A few he'd just have to bring with him. He was working on a tornado made of pure flame that could be used to destroy a city's walls. He could make a small one but the bigger ones just fizzled out.

He stood on the docks, he had only pack a trunk full of cloths, the rest were stocked with food, books and other items to keep themselves occupied and learn about how to..interact with each other.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:24 pm »
"....Wait, an AIRSHIP?!"

The day came for their departure, and Neriashe was no more looking forward to it as she had days earlier. She stared up at the airship and would pale if that was even possible. She had gone and seen many things in her treks, but she had somehow always manage to avoid stepping onto an airship. The thought of being entirely suspended in the air, miles away from the ground...Ugh, it was...not pleasant. She had packed considerably more than Alexi, and had attendants to help bring it all on board. A small group of water folk clamored around her, both women and men, were chittering incessantly all the while. They hung upon her arm, those that could grab them. Each sharing in smooth skin and colorful patterns--even in corals and yellows and green--and dark eyes like the deepest oceans, of which stared curiously at everything. Some sported tails or spines, but most of them dressed in shimmering, sheer fabrics just as Neirashe did. The way their voices raised over each other, excitedly, and unabashedly pointing at this or that...maybe that 'child-like wonder' was some sort of water trait after all. Or...maybe not.

One being lumbered behind the others, with slick skin the color of seaweed and almost as transparent. They bent low to the ground, hunched over with a sour, sharp curl to their lips--or lackthereof, stretched like canvas over their squarish face. Their arms were twice the length of their body, and ended with four terrible webbed claws with one joint too many. Upon their hunched back was a comically large...dewdrop, of some sort, and in contrast to the rest of them, it glittered. They were quiet.

Seeing Alexi, one of the smaller folk blatantly pointed towards him and seemed to have asked a question. Neirashe glanced his way, offering no smile...but no frown either, and shrugged something affirmative to her entourage. The same folk tilted their head and raised both hands parallel to each other...speaking slow and...widening the distance between thei--and the calmness of the morning was broken with abrupt howling from nearly the entire group. Water folk could definitely blush, because whatever that one had said had sent Neirashe as red as a tomato.

"Oh buggerrrr off you damn leeches, leave the mistrrrrress be," bubbled the hunched back creature, waving their long arms at them to get to work. "...Don't underrrrstand why you want to botherrrr brrringing your worrk with you...s'pose to be enjoying a 'rrromantic rrtreat', ain't you?"

"When you suddenly leave for a month to some island, you can pack how you want," Neirashe replied with a pout...still rather flushed from whatever had been said. "More importantly, do you have 'that'?"

"......do you rreally need it?" They sighed heavily, a rather metallic creaking noise and reached one long arm over to the waterdrop upon their back. Reaching in, their hand seemed to disappear entirely and a colorful whirlpool started up where they had entered. From it, they pulled out a single gem...and placed it into her readied palm. "We can manage fine forrr one month, you know," they went on to say, "s'not all going to come...crrrrrrashing down just cause you'rrre not there."

"I'm sure you'll have things well in hand in my absence, but...better safe than sorry."

They sighed again, knowing better than to push. They stole a glance toward Alexi and thought it wasn't one of curiosity, their glance...lingered. Thoughtful, almost. "...should learrrrn to enjoy yourrself more. S'pose to be a vacation....something like that." They pulled one more thing from their strange, mystical water portal...pack--a dark, unmarked wine bottle with a swirling design embossed on the side. "Frrrrrom that King fellow."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:11 am »
Alexi watched the bizarre entourage load and unload the...castle full of crap onto his airship. He sighed, looking at it all. He spoke up the moment they began loading. "I don't know who in the hell you expect to unload all of this crap but it won't be me. This will be a get away for just the TWO of us. That means no servants!" he had no idea what was being said by the others and frankly he didn't care. All he wanted was to get this damn thing moving and now that was only going to be made harder. He couldn't even understand what the lumbering one was saying!

Alexi wasn't born noble. He had to work his ass off his entire life to get to where he was. He still wasn't comfortable having someone carry his bags for him. It all made him seem so...soft and that was the last thing he wanted anyone to think of him as. He angerly shook his head, mumbling something as he stormed into the airship. It would take few minutes for it to warm up so he was running through start up and getting it ready. He was quietly running through a checklist, cursing himself for even having this idea!

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 04:50:37 am »
Neirashe took the bottle, just as Alexi began to shout, nearly causing her to drop the bottle. She held it close to her, as if afraid she really would drop it at some point...and what a waste that would be! Oh what stick had gone and stuck itself up his rear this time? "Yes..." she groaned out, "I'm sure that I will...enjoy myself plenty on this trip..." A shrug was her only response. With the bottle, the gem, and everything else safely packed away, the rumbling of the airship's engine was the signal that it was time to go. Neirashe hesitantly stepped aboard the ship and waved farewell to those they had come with her. And as the ship began to ascend into the air, her fellow water folk seemed quite ecstatic to see it rise....Which might have made them the only ones. Neirashe quickly pulled herself from the railing and her dark eyes darted around--she definitely didn't want to see just how high this airship could go, but not seeing couldn't shake the fact that she knew the distance between herself and the ground was rapidly growing. She wanted...needed something to ground her and the only place she could think of was down below the deck. Yes, good, tuck herself away in a corner someewhere and pretend this was a normal bloody ship in the bloody water instead of FLYING IN THE DAMN BLOODY AIR. Perfect plan!

Her steps was shaky as she headed across the deck. "I hope Ember Island isn't too far away," she mumbled aloud, almost pleading with the heavens that it'd be so. "Just for how long are we going to be u-up...here!" she then questioned Alexi.

Parker Lawson

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 10:44:06 am »
Alexi was busy preparing the ship for the auto pilot. An elaborate system of gears and pulley's he'd designed so he wouldn't have to sit here the entire time. He'd just need to check it a few times every hour. He heard Neirashe ask him something but he could only here "how long" He figured out the rest though. After being in the air about 10 minutes they were a thousand feet off the ground and moving at a decent clip. He got up, and it took him a few minutes of looking around to find her. When he did he said "about 3 hours. This baby makes pretty good time and the wind is to our backs for most of the trip." he then patted the side of it, clearly pleased by it. He barely noticed how uncomfortable she was and he simply pulled out a list and said "I prepared for this weekend the only way I knew how, research. Now several books have been written on arranged marriages and most agree building a level of intimacy early on is key. To that end I found several books on that, this one suggests several activities that force us to work together, cooking, building things, and the cuddling afterwards as we talk about it. This one suggest we simply engage in sex and a bdsm relationship right away. It creates a powerful bond between both dominant and submissive." Alexi went through a rather long list and it seemed like he'd read at least 50 books on the subject in just a few days. When he was done he said "One, second, I need to check on the cockpit." and rushed away, finding everything was okay he came back and said "alright, so what are your thoughts on this? How should we go about this?" He had gotten his information out, now he needed to know where his...partner stood.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 08:59:19 am »
His...'partner' was, in fact, not even standing at all.

Three hours. She'd have to suffer three hours on this forsaken machine, far above the world she wished so badly to be back down on. When Alexi came back, he'd find her nestled amongst the crates, sitting and with her knees pulled tight to her chest. It...was not the most elegant of positions but it had occurred to Neirashe that she wasn't actually sure how to navigate any sort of ship--terran or aerial. Who needed ships when you could breathe under water! She didn't know where else to go. "MUST you talk about those things now?" Neirashe groaned, half burying her face in the crook of one arm. "...and I hope you hadn't suggested that I take on some sort of simpering submissive role to feed into your ego just now--Honestly, how your lack of tact never had the Council of Lords fed up with you still amazes me..." Although she wouldn't admit it, she had to at least give him credit for actually reading up as much as he had; he had promised the King that he'd try, but she hadn't honestly thought he meant even a single iota of it. On the other hand...
"Do you really believe that any of this will be as simple as following some...exercises in those books of yours?" she queried, "Bondship...people aren't some sort of checklist or formula to be broken down into 'steps'. You plan things, but people, it's...you just do it."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »
Alexi was never one for subtly. He simply moved towards what he wanted and consumed him. It was why the council liked him. Even if he was being a pain in the ass they always knew where he stood, and when he gave a yes he would become their greatest ally. It was why he had such a great working relationship with so many people if it had a fair amount of strained friendships. He sighed as he listened to Neirashe talk and blurted out "well you don't have the submissive part down but you have gotten simpering down to a science, and the sooner we work on this the better. I don't want to be back biting with my...wife all the time and I would be a fool to look at the wisdom of others."

He crossed his arms, irritation on his face, he ignored how uncomfortable she was at being on an airship. That was just another sign of her irrationality. She needed to get over that, his airship was perfectly safe, and his design had never had a serious malfunction. Besides if something DID go wrong worrying about it wouldn't do them any good. A clear head was always needed. "and we need to be working on this every moment we can. We are going to have to spend a LIFETIME together. My life's work is bound up in a..." He couldn't take this anymore "child ability to learn how to work with me. If you have any bright ideas on how we can learn to like each other I am wide open to them!" He said, raising his voice and sounding just a bit harsher than he intended.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 06:31:40 am »
She had been across deserts, trekked mountains, and explored the deep, dark reaches of the ocean where light could never penetrate...and nothing had been more paralyzing save for being on an airship. Everything was suddenly so very loud...the winds, the engine, his voice. Especially his voice. "Be quiet..." Neirashe would plead, but her voice had fallen to a whisper--the stress of being up in the air compounded into a growing light-headedness and his words did nothing to alleviate the situation. He wanted to insult her? To call her a child again? If he so badly wanted to know how to 'get along better' than perhaps he should open his damned eyes! Oh, so very simple to speak about 'intimacy' and 'bonding', to act as though all those chapters in his books were law, but then turn around and demean a person who couldn't even stand due to fear! The person whom he was suppose to regard as his partner and wife. No, forget tactless, instead Alexi was completely without even the facade of mindfulness! Just like with the Kin--...

But none of these things she could say...Neirashe simply didn't have the energy to shout back at him. It was tiring just to feel at this point. Instead, Neirashe let her head fall into her arms so that the shade could offer even the slightest comfort and mumbled, "for one who was born of flame, you don't have any warmth about you..." Perhaps what beat within his chest was merely coal, a thought managed to string together; 'And that is all that can be.'

Parker Lawson

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 12:17:34 pm »
Alexi had expected another crude insult from her but that one actually stung. He had always tried to be upfront, and direct with people, and it had left him so focused on his work it left him little time for the social niceties. He sighed, rubbing his eyes and said "One second." and he walked away. He adjusted the altitude of the airship to be just 10 feet above the water. She'd feel the ship dip and if she looked out the window she'd find it just above the ocean. He came back down "this will take us a little longer since we are working against the wind now but I thought being closer to the ocean would calm you." He opened a window so she could look outside.

Sitting across from her he sighed again "I am sorry, I just assumed that since you were as successful as me you'd me as single minded as me." He didn't say it as an insult, more a point of fact. "and I do feel things. I care... It's just...if you show people you care they tend to take advantage of it. It is a weakness I can I'll afford in my world. I built my house up from nothing. I have no great names or old allies to fall back on. Just what I have built with my own two hands." he said, more than a little bitterness and...jealous in his voice. It never did seem fair that so many of his rivals had a formal education while he had to learn by stealing books from the royal library. To him many of the nobles were out to crush people just like himself. The King was a kind man sure, but how much had he really done to raise up the common man? He grimaced a little, like he'd just tasted rooting flesh, and now he was to wed one of those people, someone so ill suited to fighting she had to be coddled on an airship.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 08:48:19 am »
She didn't hear him leave, but oh she felt the ship move. At first Neirashe groaned out of despair, however after a moment she realized the airship wasn't rising higher...it was descending! She turned her head up, perplexed by the change in their altitude but--With the window open, she stood up clumsily and hurried over with shaky steps. The sight of the ocean was a welcomed one and she immediately felt her stress begin to melt. Her fingers curled along the sill as she took in the salty air and the sounds of the waves below...and a smile, soft and serene, blossomed across her face. A 'trilling' sound, much in the way a feline would purr, bubbled out from the woman who then rested her head against the frame of the window; she had really needed this and her bliss showed so genuinely! It was...not a sight most really ever saw of her--Her anxiety over flight, or this one moment now.

Hearing Alexi speak, Neirashe straightened up but still kept by the window. "...there's a difference between being driven and...losing sight of what's directly in front of you," she replied, with a quiet voice. Uncertainty still hung upon her words but for the first time, they were actually...conversing. It was very strange to not be trading quips for once but perhaps it was a little nice...if not somewhat frightening. "You saw my kin earlier--they are loud, boisterous, and perhaps even unfocused. The only reason they were even there today was simply to gawk," she began, "they certainly don't 'work' for me. It's...we feel very honestly, and strongly. It can be difficult to reign that in but at the same time, it is hard to judge the intent of someone who too easily hides what they feel." Neirashe still never understood that about the people above the sea--those who said one thing, but meant another, or tried to gain things with sugary words and back-handed ways. Among the nobles especially, it was as though they treated what they said to each another like some terrible, slithery game! That wasn't to say those acts didn't exist among those beneath the waters but...there was just something different.

"What...what do you see 'this' as?" she questioned suddenly, "the opportunity to be a ruler, I mean. We have both fought very hard for these titles, but for what?"

Parker Lawson

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 11:08:29 am »
Alexi silently watched Neirashe, saw her change. To him it looked like a great weight had been lifted from her. She looked...cute when she smiled like that. He watched her closely, it made sense to him why the ocean calmed her and for a made a note that any house they lived in should have an ocean view. A smile like that...well being married to her wouldn't be all bad at least. The sounds she made, it was almost like she was a cat that had just gotten it's favorite snack. It made him want to hold her for a moment...but only for a moment. He then smiled when she said losing sight of what is right in front of you and he answered back "I think I have a good view of what is right in front of me." He was starting to see Neirashe as a real person, and a cute one at that. Not a leaving, breathing obstacle out to weigh down his dreams.

Listening to her talk about her people, he laughed a little "wanting to glance at future Queen, at your future husband?" he asked with a laugh. That didn't surprise him. He fully expected every servant in his castle would be crowded around windows if Neirashe ever visited. Aside from a few brief flings Alexi didn't have many people over to the castle, so I guess it was to be expected. "and the flames are all consuming." He said, when she started talking about nobles and lies. "All of my kind understand you are either feeding something or starving it. So we pick and choose what we say and do. Frankly I have never seen people more passionate than the Ifrit. It is terrifying really so all of us try very hard to control our emotions. Few can handle...all of us." He paused, not sure if that was the best way to phrase it.

He grunted at her final question. It was a wise one for sure, he had to give her some respect for that. "The short answer is power. There are two types of people in this world, those with power, and those abused by it. I will not be abused ever again, and as King I will do whatever I can to help people. My first pet project is to create a series of schools. I am tired of seeing every Ifrit child grow up and working in a forge. They deserve a chance to be more than that." Thinking about it made his hair stand up, the room warming up noticeably, and he thought, without saying it 'no child should have to eat food from the garbage just to survive.'

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »
'A good view' of what's right in front of him? She turned to question what he meant, but suddenly found herself lost by the way he gazed at her. Just as he had offered his hand before, it wasn't something she was use to seeing of Alexi and had no idea how to process it...but this was something a lot more than just a hand. He was smiling her way, but it was the gentleness of it that had her catch her words in her throat. What was that look in his eyes? As though he had found something small and precious--Neirashe stared back with wide, curious eyes. As fleeting as it was, it was different from how she noticed others had watched her before; not the smile like those of her kin, which were simply playful, nor the eyes of those whom she'd captivate with her presence and whose thoughts wandered to places just as their gaze wandered over her. No, it was different...and it made her forget to breathe. Her lips pursed together as Neirashe tried to fathom the unfamiliar fluttering she felt in her belly at that mome--Ahh! He laughed just now! She quickly averted her gaze back to the lapping waves and realized how her hands suddenly felt pinpricked, and her cheeks warm. She tapped against the windowsill, but the adrenaline still tickled inside of her.

"'Ifrit'..." she let the word roll over her tongue. Passionate, all-consuming...the image he formed from those words suited him well; so what other sorts of things had he yet to reveal? She listened quietly as Alexi continued to speak. 'Power' was something to be expected, but Neirashe was surprised by the personal nature of what followed his answer. Though she had never experienced those things he spoke of, she had seen it in the kingdom. It...baffled her, to say the least. "Was that your life then?" she found herself saying and thought perhaps it was better to change the subject. It was clearly a sore spot for him...Clearing her throat, Neirashe stopped to wonder where to begin, herself. "Beneath the waters, we have a saying...'It is the Wellspring. From water it all begins, and to water it shall return in the end'," spoke Neirashe, "There is so much that lies hidden within the deepest trenches--entirely uncountable! So much history and so much yet to be explored. And so much of it simply...lost. Every land, every country, is connected by water and yet so many sees it as a border. As if land and sea are two separate worlds, and they try so hard to keep it that way.
...Can you imagine how many of the ruins that lay below are nothing else but graveyards? Miles and miles...and still growing.

My parents were the first to reach out to bridge this gap...and the King, their friend, was the first to cross it. Slowly, we began to adopt several of the customs found up here--using words like 'dukedom', new trade infrastructures, forming councils with other water folk where once they feared looking at one another...clothes!" Wait, what.
"Uhh...My kind in particular, like some others, look a little differently below the water than we do above. But, change frightens everyone, it seems. On land, or under the sea, there are still many...most who are 'reluctant' to share what could be offered to one another. The ocean can be unforgiving. So I...want to continue where my parents left off; find those secrets lost by time and remind people that we share one world. There's too much that can be improved to allow it to become one large cemetery."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
Alexi frowned when she asked about his past. He wasn't ready to have that conversation and was relieved when she changed the subject. He was so embarrassed and ashamed of where he had come from and what he'd done. Frankly he hadn't talked about it in 10 years and while logically he knew he'd have to tell her that didn't make the idea of dragging those feelings and emotions to the surface any more attractive.

As Neirashe spoke his frown shifted into a smile, realizing why they had clashed so many times. She wanted new ship yards, he wanted a new forge, she wanted to push for new trade routes, he wanted more guards patrolling poor neighborhoods. All this time he had assumed she just wanted more power for her people...and to a certain extent it was true but she really did want to just help and explore. The longer she spoke about exploring, showing her passion the more his face burned. She was god damn adorable, and in the hell had he never seen that before? A pain for sure, but this creature wasn't an obstacle to be burned away but a treasure from the sea. He would not doubt find most of such explorations a waste of time and money but...it didn't change how enchanting and romantic the idea was.

When she spoke about her people he laughed, though it wasn't a pleasant one. "My people have to be nearly dragged out of the flames. Thought when we do it is amazing. Leaving the flames can be traumatic for my kind. This world is so cold and wet. It is like being covered in a wet blanket, but once we get used to it...we find wonders. New metals to forge, new things to burn and consume, but most of all..." he grinned, though it was a bit mischievous. "Things to purify and burn away. You have no idea the joy of burning away the waste of something and making it clean or perfect. Of consuming all the worst of something and leaving a perfect coin, city street." he smiled, just thinking about set him at ease.

Milky Gateau

• Adult Roleplayer
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 11:43:07 pm »
"I've...never thought about fire as being a purifier before," she commented. It wasn't unusual for people to affiliate water with notions of life and healing...it was an adage learned by all, regardless of whether they were land or water folk. But Neirashe knew better that water could be as destructive a force as any other. Why, then, couldn't fire hold the same sort of duality? The two were more alike than she had realized...They were more like each other than she had realized. And now here they were! Holding a real conversation, laughing...almost entirely at ease. Had their entire rivalry up till now been just a waste...? "All that time spent fighting..." those whispered words were sour to her lips. Regret flitted across her face, then anger--She still remembered all the times Alexi had caused her some great distress, destroying her progress, only for her to spend so many resources doing the same--and there was no point in asking 'why' they'd wasted years trying to out-do one another. She knew the answer and it was 'pride'.
Unyielding, stupid, pointless pride.

Neirashe felt exhausted. There was little to be done about the past now, not with what laid ahead of them. She didn't know for sure what waited in either of their futures, but...perhaps it wouldn't be as terrible as she had first thought. But that didn't mean she knew exactly how to deal with 'right now'; Neirashe never had trouble striking up a conversation with others, regaling people with tales and eloquence...but her gaze switched back and forth from Alexi and the window, and she couldn't find a single thing to say! She felt flustered and antsy, and when they became too much she excused herself. "I! Will...be going above deck, now," she said, "no point in locking myself down here when the ocean view is better there." She swiftly crossed the room, but took a pause as she stood in the doorway. Her hand touched at the wood frame, and she silently cursed the fluttering feeling that had now come back in spades. "A-and...Alexi, thank you, for the view I mean."

Parker Lawson

« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:50:54 am »
Alexi smiled, and moved to Neirashe, he towered over the small child of water, and stared into her eyes. "No, thank you for the view my dear." And moved as if he were going to kiss her, but moved past her. "I need to check on the cockpit. There is a wonderful view of the ocean if you'd care to join me." Despite his playful attitude he was kicking himself. Why had't he ever just sat down and talked with her? He sighed at the thoughts. Because she was from a powerful family and he assumed he knew exactly what kind of person she was. He was so sure and it blinded him to seeing her for who she was. He glanced back behind himself, enjoying how flustered she was. Maybe marriage wouldn't be so bad after all.

He moved to the cockpit and sighed, adjusting the heading a bit. He still couldn't get the autopilot just right. It always seemed 5 degrees off one way or another...which when navigating could become a pretty serious error. He leaned back and pulled out a book titled "how to make an arranged marriage work." He liked this one because it was written by two nobles who were arranged to be wed at 19 and 18. He was making his way through it and finding that this could be done if both people tried...not that it was still easy.