-
FORUM K-LISTS HOME
The Rules

House Eros - Adult Roleplay Forum

Author Topic: The Dark Emporium  (Read 1258 times)

Jaxx

• Notable Adult Roleplayer
Re: The Dark Emporium
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 07:15:16 pm »
“With my parents.” She informed him before she took another few bites. Lyra kept her response simple enough. She didn’t want to ruin the conversation or the appetite of her dinner companion with talk of her deceased parents. More than that, she was eager to hear about his life and where he had been. She sipped her wine as he spoke, a little less amused than she was before as he went on to tell her that he lived in Germany during the time of the World War II, and Sweden during the age of the Vikings. Yet again, he had skirted her question somewhat, perhaps to conceal his age. Rikkard didn’t look old. She figured he was older than her, but not to any significant degree. Still, he had answered. It was probably safe to assume that he had, indeed, lived in all those places. Just not in the periods of time he had confessed to. “Rikkard, if I’m prying or you don’t want to talk about where you’re from and where you’ve been, please feel free to let me know. You don’t need to  . . . make things up.”

She smiled after taking the last few bites of her food. With only her drink left to finish, she continued. “If I’m boring you, we can talk about something else.” Why else would he feel the need to add outlandish embellishment to his answers? “There is something that I’d like to bring up, and I apologize if this is forward of me, but . . . You spend a lot of time staring at me. I thought you might want to explain so that I don’t get the wrong idea. Or . . . Am I right in assuming that I might be a little bit of a distraction for you?” Lyra was treading carefully. She didn’t want to make it seem as though she was upset at all, or that she was uncomfortable. More than anything she wanted to know how she could remedy the situation.

“I like my job, and using the word ‘like’ is really putting it mildly. I love working at the shop. I don’t want to mess anything up, if that makes sense.” Lyra explained. 
Started school and already I'm swamped! Will hopefully be able to get to replies on the weekend <3

Knix

• Veteran Adult Roleplayer
  • The chaos you create
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 08:36:11 pm »
Rikkard was trying to give her information without giving away too much, but honestly he was hating answering her questions because he couldn't be truthful. He wanted nothing more than to prove to her that magical things existed, and that she was one of them. She didn't believe him. She accused him of embellishment, flourishing. He might need to show her pictures when she came to his house. He sat and stared at her, sipping his drink. He raised his brows at her accusations.

As if that wasn't enough, she went on to accuse him of staring at her. He nearly scoffed, but then he realized that he did do that. He kept calm, his icy gaze remaining on hers. It would likely be too insensitive of him to admit that he was sizing her up to estimate her worth. He put his empty glass down and swirled his finger inside as if he was stirring. It filled back up, then he was happily sipping at it again.

"You are not boring me, Lady Vallencourt. I am simply being too much of a gentleman to tell you the whole truth. Some things we need to discover on our own, all be it with a little nudge from others." He narrowed his eyes at her. He was back to being formal. It would just be so foolish of him to take offence, but of course he did. What was he supposed to say? To tell her the truth? She hadn't even seen enough of the supernatural to have anything in his favor.

"You are not a distraction. I perform much better when you are around. I do stare at you a lot, yes. But it is because you are just as rare and valuable as any other artifact in my showroom. You might even be more powerful, in fact, you make them more powerful. You are what we creatures call an amplifier. You have the ability to turn up the volume on any kind of source of power. Including myself." He finished his second drink and put his glass down with a sigh.

"Let me not put this mildly, Lady Vallencourt. I am a demon and I am from Hell. I have lived in all of those places I have listed for you, in times that are far beyond the comprehension of someone who has lived a human's lifespan. I will say this again, you are a rarity. I stare because I am lucky. You are not a distraction and you are not messing anything up." He was still staring at her, as if challenging her to believe him.
. . .
Will post soon, sorry for the delay!
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 09:46:45 pm »
The way he was looking at her now was far from the admiring and, at times, lustful gazes he often cast in her direction. She feared she did exactly what she wanted to avoid, which was offend him by insinuating that he was lusting after her. Perhaps she had misread his intentions. Lyra shook her head softly, ready to offer up a sincere apology when he admitted that he did stare at her—and not for the reasons she assumed. Upon hearing that he believed that she was rare and valuable, her expression turned to that of confusion. To her, there wasn’t anything particularly rare about her. Beyond that, nothing else he said made any real sense. “What are you talking about?” She asked as he went on about amplifiers, demons, and hell. He truly expected her to believe him. There wasn’t a shred of that teasing tone he often used as he looked into her brilliant green eyes. It was then that she began to believe that he might not be all there. “You really believe all this? You expect me to believe it . . .” Her brows rose as the shock finally wore away.

“I . . . I’m tired. It’s been a really long day.” Lyra said after downing the rest of her wine in one big gulp. She wanted to be done with the conversation, unwilling to entertain his ridiculous tall tales or play along with his stories. She pushed herself up, taking her plate and her glass to the cart. “I’m going to take the couch,” she informed him, going to the bedroom where she pulled one of the many pillows from the neat arrangement and a sheet from beneath the comforter. Lyra often fell asleep on her own couch, watching TV or reading. It was no inconvenience. “Good night, Mr. Sauer.”

She set the alarm on her phone forty minutes before 5 a.m. It would be enough time for her to dress and get breakfast before Isaac and Ozy arrived. Lyra reached over to the lamp on the side table and turned out the light. Resting her head on the pillow she processed the overwhelming day that she had, and pondered more on her employer’s insane confessions. Though she was willing to admit that there were forces in the world that she would never comprehend, she refused to believe too wholeheartedly in the mythology she used as a resource to support the history of the relics and artifacts she helped sell. Even her being an ‘amplifier’ was too farfetched . . . But what if she was?

Lyra took a breath and closed her eyes, not giving it another thought. Soon, before she even realized it, she was asleep. The next morning she awakened to the blaring sound of her alarm. She tapped a hand against her phone on the coffee table, silencing it. Sluggishly, she pushed herself up, lifting the strap of her tank top back onto her shoulder since it had fallen in her sleep. She began folding the sheet neatly, wondering if her crazy boss was up.
Started school and already I'm swamped! Will hopefully be able to get to replies on the weekend <3

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 03:02:22 pm »
Rikkard looked at the woman as she simply denied him the moment in simply entertaining his thought. He wanted to react blankly to her not believing him. if she didn't believe him, then there was nothing he could say that would win her over. She simply had to experience that for herself to actually become enlightened. He listened to her excuse, that it had been a long day. It was not the best of excuses, but it was a cue to exit the conversation. He was given no cue to argue her sleeping on the couch or to protest the light being turned out. It simply happened. She was the vital part to their time in Egypt, yet she would jeopardize the operation by sleeping on the couch. He couldn't help but get stuck on the idea that she would wake up tired and that her energy would be... less so.

He took the bed, simply because the couch was taken. He slept through the night, but he was up before her alarm was. He had a good rest, honestly not needing nearly as much time as she did. He ordered some room service - quietly. And he got dressed - quietly. He pulled the new cart in and was waiting by the table by the time he heard an incessant buzzing that could only be an alarm. He had no idea why people tortured themselves like that. He checked his watch. Good timing, though. Their ride would be there in an hour.

"I'm glad you're up. I got some breakfast for you and it might be getting cold." He said as he gestured to the food. He assumed that she wouldn't want to have another meal with him, so he had just been sitting there all dressed up and waiting for her. It was perhaps unusual to see Rikkard Sauer in the attire that he was dressed up in. He was wearing cargo shorts with his average white button up, sleeves rolled to his elbows.

"How was your rest, Lady Vallecourt?" He asked her. He was even more determined to be polite to her after her reaction to him the night before.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 05:36:18 pm »
"Thank you," Lyra said, looking over her shoulder toward the dining room where Mr. Sauer sat, dressed and ready for the adventure ahead of them. It was a bit amusing to see his more casual attire, but no more than it was seeing him shirtless-- though that was a more shocking experience. Almost as shocking as some of the ridiculous claims he made. After the awkward evening they had, she was ready to move on. She knew now to keep their conversations limited to work related topics since delving into his personal life would only offer more confusion and frustration. So, she was cordial when he asked her how she slept. "I slept well, thanks. I barely even remember falling asleep I was so exhausted from traveling. I expect no different today," she smiled, taking her seat across from him as she poured herself a glass of orange juice. There was no need to ask if he slept well. He had the bed after all, not that she was at all upset. It was her decision to sleep on the couch, and it was a sound decision considering how they left things between them the night before. She also didn't think it was appropriate to share a bed with her employer . . . especially now that she knew he wasn't all there.

She ate, occasionally offering up some light conversation that didn't require too much of either of them. When she was done, she grabbed her clothes to change into them in the bathroom. Lyra tugged on a pair of brown pants where two pockets sat against her thighs, then pulled on a maroon colored V-neck, not so different than the white one she wore the day before. After lacing up her boots, washing her face, and brushing her teeth she emerged from the bathroom, ready to get on with the search for the scepter.

"Will Ozy and Isaac be here soon?" She asked while pulling her long brown hair in to a ponytail. "I should be ready to go in less than five minutes." She informed him as she went to her bag, stuffing her toiletries away so that she could bring her suitcase to the door. Someone was waiting outside their door to take them down and load them into the vehicle that awaited them. Lyra was beginning to feel the excitement again as they finally departed their luxurious surroundings. Lyra checked them out, returning their key to the woman behind the desk.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:04 pm »
It was rather painful to see how nice Lyra was being to him, while likely giving him the sly underhand glare to assure herself more of his insanity. He raised a brow at her and simply nodded. It was not his fault that she didn't take the bed. She really should have. As a lady he would have insisted that she be forward enough to insist on taking the bed. It was just how it was supposed to be. He didn't care that he was older than her, much older. She was a much more rare and worthy creature than he was. She was yet to figure that out apparently. It was damn well taking her forever.

She seemed to know to get herself ready before their ride showed up, with the terrible two Ozy and Isaac. He kept checking his watch, readying the room while Lyra got dressed. He pushed the cart outside and took his bags to the door. He was looking at his watch again when she was finally looking like she was ready, only she wasn't. "Yeah, they're outside." He told her as he sighed at her dawdling. He wanted to throw her over his shoulder already and drag her out of there. It was time to go and look for that scepter before Daugherty got it. He wanted to grumble just thinking about it.

"Would you hurry up, sweetheart?" he asked her. He was already waiting in the open doorway. He was most definitely in a rush to get to that blasted sand. They finally went down, and Lyra handed in their keys. He had to wind his arm around her waist in order to get her into the tan Jeep that was waiting outside. Ozy and Isaac were waiting there, laughing like the goofballs they were. Ozy turned down the heavy metal as Rikkard all but loaded Lyra into the vehicle like she was luggage.

"Hey there, nonbeliever." Ozy said as he turned in his seat to wink at the woman. He was the ghost, a silver locket hanging off his neck. It was feminine, but it was necessary to keep him solid for the time being. He had sandy blonde hair and a wide childlike smile.

"She's still in the dark?" Isaac muttered under his breath to Ozy, who shrugged dramatically. "Shit, even humans aren't." he commented. The two laughed loudly, till their eyes fell on Rikkard.

"Mister Sauer sir." Ozy said quickly, gulping.

"Get to the damned site before I turn you both into charcoal." he grumbled at his employees. He had to grab on to something with the way Isaac veered out of the parking bay they had been waiting in. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. He was definitely going to put these two on their asses first chance he got.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
Lyra glared up at him as he rushed her out of the room, holding the door open for her impatiently. She didn't know how someone could be a gentleman and an asshole at the same time, but Mr. Sauer seemed to achieve both. Even being called 'sweetheart' pricked upon her nerves. She walked in front of him to the elevator, shaking off her mild agitation. After checking out, she walked to the curb where two men waited for them beside a Land Rover. Ozy greeted her, referring to her as a 'nonbeliever.' Briefly she wondered if everyone was going to irritate her today. "Lyra." She corrected him as she rounded the back of the vehicle, ignoring their hushed words. For all she knew, they were whispering about how best to make her lose her temper before the day was through. To their defense, and even Mr. Sauer's, the task of obtaining the scepter was truly important. It was understandable that everyone was on edge. Unfortunately now, she was as well. The long drive did allow her some peace in order to calm herself.

The scenery was a distraction from the bickering the odd pair did incessantly. In the front seat, they argued about everything, from the weather to the best route to take. It was a wonder that they didn't get lost heading out of the city. After several hours of speeding through paved roads, their path became less developed, turning to that of uneven dirt roads that had their bodies jostling every now and then as they cruised over bumps and around holes and cracks. Lyra admired the well-manicured farmlands and old stone structures, taking pictures when something truly amazing caught her eye. By the time the sun began to set, she had taken so many pictures that her phone was nearly out of charge.

They were half a mile from the site when they decided to stop and set up camp. They would have to go the rest of the way on foot. The complex system of tunnels  they'd have to navigate through would take quite some time to figure out in order to get to the tomb.

They guys helped her set up her tent and supplied her with a sleeping bag. As she helped, they attempted to scare her with chilling ghost stories to sway her into sleeping in one of their tents. "You can always cozy up with me." Ozy offered with a shameless wiggle of his eyebrows. The cheesy gesture was met with a roll of her eyes. "I doubt your wife would be pleased." She told him, figuring he was taken or married since the necklace he wore had a feminine quality about it. He looked down after following her gaze. "Oh this . . . It just keeps me whole." He smirked. The cryptic response drummed up quite a few questions, but she was interrupted by Isaac announcing that dinner was ready. After rolling out her sleeping bag in the tent, she joined them around the fire. It got significantly colder without the sun beating down on them.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »
Rikkard was beyond annoyed. If he wasn't red in the face, he would be surprised. The two in the front seat did not have off buttons. He was wondering if it was perhaps Lyra's fault that Ozy in particular was more Ozy than usual. He was after all a creature himself, something from the dark tales people told to keep their kids in line. Good, he thought. Maybe he could soak up all he needed from her in order to more effectively look for that scepter. Rik just had to have it. He could not help but look at Lyra expectantly, truly thinking she would be able to help him out on this one. If she was successful, he would even give her a raise - or perhaps that was the key to getting her to believe in her own powers, to lure her out with a raise.

They reached the camp and set up their tents. Rikkard was glad for the distraction, since he used the moment to simply charm his tent into popping right into the shape it needed to be. He built the fire and even had to toss a piece of firewood at the mischievous Ozy who poked him in his rear with a stick. He was ready to revoke his solid rights and stick him to work for the next week straight. Lyra seemed happy, as far as Rikkard could tell. He knew that Ozy and Isaac were a crazy pair and hard to put up with, but she seemed capable, so he went for a walk to scour the area while Isaac made some human dinner over the fire. They all seemed to get together around the flames. Rikkard was a little worried at the silence that took over, so he figured that he needed to fill it with something. Before he could speak though, one of the crazy pair started telling a story about another night they spent around the fire.

"You remember that time Mister Sauer set you on fire for dropping that vase thing we had to go look for in the forests?" Isaac asked Ozy. They were both laughing about it, which had Rikkard relieved, yet still angry about it. It had been whole till they got a hold of it.

Rik could see the way Lyra's skin reacted to the cold. He got up abruptly and returned with one of his jackets, wrapping it around her shoulders. He sat down again, then took the bowl of stew that Isaac handed over. Sure, Rikkard was some high level businessman who wore suits all the time, but nothing beat being out in the open, under the stars, with the anticipation of finding a one of a kind object. He looked over at Lyra, staring at her again like he always did. Simply because she confronted him, did not mean that he was about to stop doing it.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 12:37:46 am »
She could tell that Mr. Sauer was irritated with the two men, but he did well in keeping his frustrations in check. Even as annoyed as Lyra was at the start of their day, she had to admit the Ozy and Isaac were entertaining when they weren’t squabbling over utter nonsense and minutia. She got a good laugh in when Ozy prodded Mr. Sauer with a stick, more because it was quite symbolic. Always serious—and occasionally broody-- her employer did sometimes appear as though he had one lodged in his ass. It was nice to unwind after a long day cooped up in a car. The cold night air was almost as cool as the autumn weather they left back home. Close to the crackling fire, she was warm with a bowl of stew against her palms. Every now and then a brisk wind would travel across the sand, making her shiver lightly. So far, it wasn’t intolerable. What was, was the silence that finally hung over the four of them. Ozy and Isaac were no longer the animated caricatures they had been acting like all day. Instead, they were staring at the Amp as they shoveled food in their mouths.

No doubt they could feel the energy that radiated off of her in waves. It was restrained still, but the untapped potential in her promised more. It was even appealing to a mere mortal like Isaac, and even more so to a being of the supernatural like Ozy, who felt more complete than he had in centuries. Needless to say, Lyra was grateful when Isaac finally broke the silence. Her head canted curiously at his words, though. He mentioned that Mr. Sauer had set Ozy on fire, an odd choice of words that confused her. Perhaps he meant something else, and it was possible since the two erupted into laughter like two school girls with an inside joke. Mr. Sauer pushed himself up suddenly, leaving the three of them sitting around the fire. She thought that he might have had enough, but he instead returned with a jacket, which he draped over her shoulders.

“Thank you,” she said, surprised by the gesture. She was beginning to think she was becoming a nuisance after the tense moments they shared that morning. The day that he regarded her like he regarded the two snickering men, was the day that she would find new employment. To be fair, they brought much of his wrath upon themselves. Lyra was hardly as bothersome, and often went out of her way to ensure that she wasn’t. With how simple they both were they probably even believe the nonsense Mr. Sauer tried to feed her the night before.

“Ozy, you called me a ‘nonbeliever’ this morning. Is that because I don’t believe in the supernatural? Do you both believe in magic and curses?” She asked, setting her bowl down and wrapping the jacket tighter around her. The two looked to their employer, as if asking for his permission to speak freely or they were hesitant to do so. It might not have been their place. Sharp as ever, Lyra called them out. “Does he pay you to think this as well?” She smirked.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:22 am »
Rikkard knew all in all that while he was paying the three people around him a fortune, he could not control a single one of them. Not even Ozy, the ghost who wore a necklace charmed by a necromancer in the 1600's to make the love of his life return to him. The necklace had been lost at sea and Rikkard himself dove in to retrieve it. He kept the object from his buyers, wanting to wait and have it gain value - only for him to step on an unmarked grave and gain an unwanted follower. Ozy had died in the 1800's some time. Rikkard had given him the necklace after striking a deal for Ozy to work with him. He was in his employment longer than both Lyra and Isaac combined.

He had nearly missed the conversation between the three, that was how much he was lost in his thoughts. He did not care if they told Lyra how grumpy he could be and how he actually absolutely loved the moment he set Ozy on fire. Perhaps she needed to learn these things if she was going to keep working for him after this trip. All in all, however, this trip was the perfect time to harness her abilities and to push up her value. If the two hooligans wanted to help him, without knowing what they were doing, by all means they could go ahead. Lyra was stubborn. He had thought that she would at least believe him a little bit since he was truly going out of his way for her on this trip - but if Ozy and Isaac were easier for her to relate to then it only proved how he needed to put more distance between him and his employees.

"I certainly do pay them." Rikkard spoke up, though his attention was on his bowl of food. "However, indoctrination is clearly not my strong suit since I am still too often the but of their pranks. Oh, but please, gentlemen. Do go ahead. It would be the most entertainment I've had in centuries to see you attempting to convince Lady Vallencourt of the existence of her own kind." He gestured for them to go ahead as he sat back. He thought that he was certainly going to receive world class entertainment at that point - especially with the way Ozy was thumbing the pendant of his necklace.

. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 01:31:48 pm »
With confirmation from their employer, the two men grinned widely. Isaac pushed himself up from his place beside Ozy, taking a seat next to Lyra. The way his partner was stroking the pendant of his necklace was indication enough to convey his intent. Knowing that the brunette had no prior exposure to the supernatural, he positioned himself strategically-- in case she fainted or made an attempt to run, both completely understandable reactions. Lyra didn't seem to him like the type to pass out like some hapless maiden. It was more likely that she would bolt, and in that event he would be right there to stop her from fleeing into the night to freeze to death in the desert. "We can offer you proof." He told her, scooting closer to her. "That necklace he wears was forged by a powerful necromancer centuries ago. It keeps my friend Ozy . . . corporeal." He could tell by the incredulous expression she wore that she wasn't buying any of it. "Go on then, show her." Isaac nodded to Ozy.

He ripped off the necklace and closed his eyes, waiting for his body to turn to its spirit form where his body would glow with bright, translucent light. When he opened his eyes, he was still solid. He pressed his hands to his body, to his chest, stomach and arms before he realized that Lyra's abilities had enhanced the necklaces' effects so thoroughly that it was likely that necklace had to be further away from him in order for it not to work. "What the hell . . ." He breathed, still touching himself.

"So, when he takes the necklace off he dances? Or has he lost something? Maybe he believes he's covered in ants?" Lyra mused as she continued to watch the astonished man in awe of himself. "This was . . . very convincing, you two." She chuckled softly, handing Isaac--who was just as surprised-- her bowl. On her feet, she turned and moved to her tent where she would turn in for the night. "Thanks for the laughs. I'll see you all in the morning." Inside she kicked off her boots, and nestled into the comfort of her sleeping bag.

The night, her sleep was not as restful as it was the in the hotel, and not because she was uncomfortable outside of luxury. Whispers filled her ears, speaking so quietly that she could hardly hear the overlapping, disembodies voices as they called out to her. Lyra tossed and turned as images flickered in her mind of dark tunnels and strange hieroglyphs. One in particular flashed over and over again as though it was trying to engrave itself in her mind. A corpse-like hand wrapped itself around her wrist, squeezing so tightly she could hardly feel her fingers. Looking down at her hand, she had the scepter in her grip which slowly loosened until it fell from the pressure that threatened to crush her bones. Finally, Lyra was able to wake, and she sprung up with her hand to her racing heart, breathing deeply. Realizing it was a nightmare, she reached for her water canteen.

The firelight was dwindling from not being tended to in hours, but she could see the print on her wrist. She grabbed a flashlight to see a red handprint wrapped around it. At first, she believed she had done it to herself, but as she placed her free hand around it she could tell that she hadn't. She would have to twist her own arm to do so. More odd than that, she instinctively know where the scepter was . . . Lyra tugged on her pants and laced up her boots, moving toward Rikkard's tent. "Are you awake?" She whispered, not wanting to enter without his permission.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 01:56:16 pm »
Rikkard was truly waiting for a show. The two men in his employ seemed to ready themselves, with Isaac ready to catch her and Ozy ready to rip the necklace off. She seemed like she was not even ready to believe her own eyes, but apparently there was no need, since Ozy remained intact once he took the item off. Rikkard rolled his eyes. He wanted to tell the idiot to drop the necklace, or to just toss it to Isaac, but he seemed too surprised by how powerful Lyra was to actually think of something else. He didn't really want ti interfere with how eager they were to show her what they were capable of, so he just ended up chuckling at the two. Their show-off session had backfired.

Lyra went to her tent, with Rikkard still laughing. He gave Ozy a pointed look. "You stay far away from her when we're hunting for that thing tomorrow. The last thing I need is for you to not be able to walk through those walls for me." He warned him. He snorted another laugh, then retreated to his tent as well.

It was hard for Rikkard to sleep. He could feel that something was around here, but he just couldn't find the damn thing. He was laying awake, truly hoping for some kind of miracle to happen so that Lyra would be able to get that scepter for him. He turned his head when he heard some movement outside. He was about to reprimand whoever it was, thinking it was more likely to be Ozy or Isaac, since Lyra had slept through the night on a damn couch. He realized it was her when she neared his tent. He sat up as she spoke to him, wanting to know if he was awake.

"Wide awake." He responded as he zipped the tent flap open. He scooted over and nodded for her to enter. "You can't sleep?" He asked her curiously. He reached up and clicked on the battery operated LED light he had hanging from the nylon roof. He blinked at the light, then he gave Lyra a questioning stare.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
She was surprised to hear his voice so clearly as she anticipated that she would be waking him. Soon after, the flap of his tent unzipped. Lyra crawled inside, sitting opposite of him. "No. Well, yes, I probably could sleep but an overactive imagination may not let me so easily." She smiled, rubbing her arm gently. The redness was fading quickly she noted under the light. Something that severe, she knew, would take days to heal normally. Though Lyra was incredibly hesitant to admit that there might be some shred of truth to the mythical scepter they chased, she was a little more willing to do so now. It was unsettling, even a little frightening, that she was running short on explanations. "I think I might know where we can find the tomb that holds the scepter tomorrow. I can't really explain how I do, but I can . . . feel it. I also feel that something may not want us to find it."

If her nightmare was no mere dream, then it was certainly a warning. It wasn't like the soft, subtle pull from the objects she was surrounded with on a daily basis. It called to her loudly and she answered, and when she did she was blocked immediately. It made her wary and uneasy knowing that they would pursue it. She saw how determined Rikkard looked. Nothing was going to keep him away from it, not even a blatant threat.

"Can I sleep in here with you?" She asked, not really seeing the harm in sharing a tent since they had shared a room. Still, she wouldn't assume that he wanted to share the small space with her. Lyra just didn't want to be alone after the intense dream she had, and knowing that someone was near would put her at ease. "I don't mean to be so forward. If you're uncomfortable with it I would understand. I can go back to my own tent." Her green eyes were a bit hopeful that he would allow her to. 

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 03:19:33 pm »
Lyra looked like she was uneasy as she crawled into his tent. He zipped it back up as soon as she settled opposite him. She was rubbing her arm as if she was trying to get rid of the cold. He wanted to hand her another jacket, but really his tent was too warm for those. He often tended to run the temperatures up around him. It was hopefully not too noticeable. She told him about how she felt the scepter, and how she was sure that something did not want them to get it.

To say that Rikkard was surprised would be an understatement. Lyra certainly started to look more uneasy. Could it be that the only thing that might convince her would be herself? He frowned at her as he pondered this. He was still going to get that scepter, regardless of what might try to stand in their way. A lot of things often stood in his way. This seemed heavier than ever though. He was jerked out of his thoughts by the young woman asking if she could sleep in his tent with him. He was probably taking too long to answer, since she started to tell him that she could go back to her own tent. He could not ignore the pleading look in her eyes though. If he was willing to give her double pay to cover any risk or loss, he must be able to have her stay close to him to prevent any risk or loss. He nodded.

"Alright." He agreed simply. He made himself comfortable on top of his sleeping bag, then waited for Lyra to do the same. He reached up to turn the light off again. He wasn't going to hold her, just because she hadn't asked to be held. She just asked to stay in his tent with him. "We will get the scepter. Everything will be alright, too." He assured her. His tent was soon filling up with not only her scent, but her electricity too. It was making him even more restless, turning him on. He cleared his throat to try and clear his mind concurrently.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 04:17:50 pm »
She couldn't tell if he was reluctantly allowing her to stay with him or if he was more willing than he let on. Rikkard was a difficult man to read. Still, she was grateful that he allowed her to sleep in his tent in the end. Lyra crawled next to him after he laid down and clicked off the light. It was significantly warmer in his tent than it was in hers. In her own, she laid beneath the jacket he gave her when she was shivering by the fire and her sleeping bag. Here, she was comfortable laying on top of it alongside him. She was able to rest easier soaking in the warmth that radiated from him. "Thank you . . ." She told him before she began to drift to sleep. With no nightmares to torment her, she slept soundly and peacefully. Though they began a good distance away from each other, Lyra did draw closer to him as she turned every now and then. When she awakened, she was cozied up against him, nestled in his side contently.

The sun was barely peeking over the horizon when she woke up, having slept well after her foreboding dream. She pushed herself up, and only then did she realize how close she was to him. On her elbows she looked down at him, briefly admiring how handsome he was before pushing herself up. She could hear Isaac and Ozy breaking down the campsite. Lyra needed to do a few things as well, but she was somewhat unwilling to leave the comfort of Rikkard's warmth, almost wishing that she could stay a while longer. It was still a bit cold out, but that would change soon, she knew.

"I'm going to get ready. Um . . . Thank you, again. I slept well," she smiled.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 04:43:50 pm »
Somehow it happened that he woke up with Lyra snuggled tightly against him. She woke up before he did, but even after her movement stirred him he still kept his arms bound around her figure. Rikkard didn't want to let her go. He wanted to keep her there because he was selfish. He let her go, regardless. She likely still thought that he was crazy. There were so many things someone could do in the dark that they would never do when the sun was out. Like her coming to his tent, he figured. He sat up and nodded at her, showing her before she spoke that words weren't necessary.

"Your tent might not be standing anymore." He said as he listened to the ruckus outside. It sounded to him like Ozy accidentally hurt Isaac and was now laughing about it as Isaac grumbled. He turned back to Lyra, to look right at her in the confined space they were in. It was as if the flimsy material was boxing in all her energy and it was all going to him. His hair was standing up on the back of his neck. Not to mention that he had woken up with some morning wood. He fixed his hair and checked his watch.

"Let me go distract them, then you can go back to your tent in a minute." Rikkard almost pleaded with her. He knew it was likely no big deal, but if Ozy and Isaac so much as thought that they were sharing the same tent, they would relentlessly tease their employer. It was not the right day for that, and he most certainly would have to hurt them so badly for it that they would be out of action. He needed every body on this that he had. Unfortunately there were only three - basically the only people or creatures that he mildly trusted. He got up and climbed out of the tent. He didn't zip it back up, instead he drew Isaac and Ozy's attention away by sending the one to get them coffee, and the other to get a shirt from his bag in the car.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 05:46:12 pm »
It was true that the pair might have taken the liberty of disassembling her tent. While she was sleeping with Rikkard, innocently so, they could have checked to see if she was awake. By a very simple process of elimination, they could have deduced that she was in their employer's tent. Last night, she wasn't really thinking about what it might seem like to the two. It was a complete afterthought really, and she understood why he was so hesitant to allow them to see her leave his tent. She didn't want either of them to get the impression that they had slept together. The thought did cross her mind, though. Lyra was starting to be a bit more honest with herself, and not just with the possibility that there were mystical things at work but also with the inappropriate attraction to her employer. She nodded when he offered to go out ahead of her, leaving her to watch while he distracted the two.

When their backs were turned, she quietly made her way back to her tent-- which was fortunately still up. She was able to change and freshen up, pack her things neatly and begin taking her tent down. By the time Ozy and Isaac noticed her, they were on their way back from the errands Rikkard had them run. They helped her take the rest of her tent down after they had a bite to each and a cup of coffee. Once they were all packed up, they were on their way to the location where the tunnels where the tomb was rumored to be hidden. Those who came after the princess who was buried with the ancient scepter scoured every inch of the land trying to find it for its supposed power. She arranged to have her remains hidden well-- so well that even the likes of Mr. Sauer had difficulty tracking it down with all the resources on his side.

Lyra kept up pace with the three men, still a bit wary of where they were headed given her dream the night before. Regardless, she could tell that they were getting closer, or more accurately . . feel it. All day she could sense whatever energy that emitted from the artifact, even when they were resting and Isaac and Ozy were bickering like an old married couple.

It wasn't until the sun was descending beyond the horizon that they reached hidden ruins. Isaac and Ozy had arrived there earlier and were able to move the massive slabs of rock that had blocked the entrance. They were moving over rubble as they moved toward the dark tunnel. Lyra pulled out the flashlight that hung on her belt, as did the rest of them as they entered, following the narrow passage till it diverged into multiple directions. "We didn't go beyond this point." Isaac admitted, shining his light down one path to the next. "We could split up?" He asked, looking to Rikkard.

"This way," Lyra said, instinctively moving to the tunnel to the far left, vaguely recalling the worn symbols over the pathway. 

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 06:04:49 pm »
Rikkard was happily sipping on some coffee, made in a simple tin mug. His employees could drive him up the wall, but they sometimes put his feet right back on the ground with the coffee they could make. Rikkard was sure that his secret couldn't be hidden forever, the secret that he could be tamed with a cup of coffee. They were all packed up in no time at all and set back out on the search for the scepter. Lyra seemed to be in top focus. Rikkard was glad for it. As he had said, he really needed her on this one.

Isaac and Ozy found some ruins, and they all descended to find their artifact. They each had a torch in hand and were eagerly searching through the sand tunnels to see what they could find. They came to a fork in their road - or multiple forks. There were a few directions in which they could go. Isaac said that they hadn't been past that point, so Rikkard nodded at him to show his gratitude to his employee for his good work. Lyra suddenly seemed to take charge. She started to move and Rikkard had to stop her. He caught her by wrapping his arm around her middle.

"Hang on." He said to her in a gentle tone. He didn't want her walking into anything that she might not be able to get out of. Ozy was a ghost, so whatever happened to him he wouldn't feel it, nor would he die from it. That was why Rikkard had set him on fire once. The only reason why it was terrible was because Ozy freaked out, a natural instinct. "Ozy, go up ahead and make sure that the path is clear for us." He said to the spirit. Only once Ozy had passed them, did Rik let go of Lyra to keep going after her instinct.

"You feel it?" He asked her curiously, speaking in a low tone so the other two won't hear and get over excited.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 07:02:42 pm »
Rikkard caught her arm, making her stop in her tracks. She supposed it was a bit hasty of her to run in without having any inkling of what awaited them. It was not at all unusual, and even common practice, for ancient Egyptians to lay traps in their tombs, especially since their valuables were laid to rest with them. Lyra paused with that in mind, allowing Ozy to go ahead of them to inspect the path. Patiently they all waited until he returned to proceed. With his confirmation that the path was clear, Rikkard finally let go of her wrist. It was only when the warmth of his hand left her did she realize he'd been holding her where she was. She looked over her shoulder at him as he questioned her quietly, "I'm not exactly certain what I feel. I'm just . . . Know something is here." It was hard to interpret the energies that lured her in. While they walked toward the unknown, she couldn't help but think about how odd it was to be so sure of her own intuition. She had never felt this way before . . . Or had she?

She recalled the day at the beach she told Rikkard about. When she was young, she knew exactly where to find that necklace, went to it like she had buried it in the sand herself. In fact, there were numerous occasions where she had done the same thing throughout her life. She didn't think anything of it until now, and with that in mind she had to seriously consider everything else that her employer admitted to her-- that he was a demon and he had lived for centuries, which she shuddered to think about since she had just shared a tent with him. Also, that Ozy was a ghost, and that every item he housed in the gallery was innately magical. It was a hard reality to swallow, and it frightened her really.

They reached a narrow set of steps and once again, Ozy went ahead of them. This time, when he came back after a loud boom, he was winded. "Coast is clear now." He informed them. As they descended the steps, she could see that a few pillars had been downed. She hoped they were load-baring, otherwise anything particularly jarring could bring the tunnel down on them. For a while longer they walked until the came across a symbol that she recognized immediately. She dragged her gloved hand across it, brushing away some of the dirt and dust.

"It's here," she said, able to feel the energy pulsing behind the thick wall. "There's something else, too . . . I don't know what it is."

"Take her back toward the stairs, boss. I'll check it out." Lyra was much too close to him for him to change back into his spirit form. He snatched off the necklace and waited.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 08:59:49 pm »
Rikkard had no idea what was going through her mind, so he really would have appreciated her stopping and taking the time to tell him. She gave him a vague answer, but he still appreciated being privy to some of her inner workings, if one could call it that. "That's good, Lyra. I'm sure there is something there. We will find it." He assured her kindly. He needed to be kind Rikkard now and not 'I'll set you on fire if you don't find it now' Rikkard. He was right behind Lyra, ready to do what was needed to back her up. It was becoming her mission, and not so much his any longer. He was perfectly fine with that. Perhaps in the future she could lead these two bafoons on missions.

What was he thinking? He needed to remember that she was worth a lot, that he could sell her as he could do with any other object.

Ozzy sent them back once Lyra confirmed where it was. Rikkard took the necklace from Ozy's hand and stepped back with Lyra. He nodded at the ghost. "Don't do that creepy thing you do where you're kind of visible but see through. Hide yourself." He warned the ghost. Not that he could truly take a hit, just that Rikkard did not want any of his people - or his ghost - to perish or to cease existing. He offered Lyra his hand, wanting to assure her that he would keep her safe. If his hand were to be likened to the tent they shared the night before.

"What do you feel. Is it an object, or a person. What does it feel like?" He asked her as he pulled her back to the stairs. He cupped her cheeks and stared intently at her. "Focus, Lyra." He was whispering, as if they were hiding.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 12:42:47 am »
His reassurance wasn’t enough to quiet the uneasiness she felt. She sensed two energies, and one of them was malevolent, she was almost certain of it. It was her inexperience that kept her from speaking up. She didn’t want to lead them astray. This was, after all, very new to her in way. Instead of dismissing the sensations that accompanied the supernatural, she was beginning to embrace them—or embrace them as best as she could under the circumstances. As Rikkard led her away from the pair, she looked over her shoulder curiously and cautiously, watching till they were cloaked in the darkness of the tunnel behind her. Though she couldn’t see for herself, she was more inclined to believe Ozy’s claims of being a ghost. Shy of bringing in a wrecking ball, how else would he get through the thick wall?

Rikkard cupped her cheeks gently in his palms, staring down at her with urgency. She shook her head softly, “I don’t know.” She repeated. “It just doesn’t feel right, like something doesn’t want us here.” He implored her to focus and she took a breath, calming herself before honing in one thing and then the other. The two energies seemed to be warring with one another, one to silence the other and the other to be heard. Lyra could tell that it was the scepter that called out to her, eager to be found. Enchanted objects rarely ever wanted to be dormant and unutilized. The other wasn’t so distinct.

“It’s not a person.” She was able to decide. If it was, the presence would be as insignificant as Isaac was to her or even Ozy in his corporeal form. Only now was she able to feel that Rikkard wasn’t quite the same by comparison. “It’s not a person.” It was all she could say until she relied on her knowledge of Egyptian history and lore to think of the possibilities. “Pharaohs often warded their tombs with curses and warnings, traps even. They would also go as far as to create enlist guards to protect the riches the rulers were often buried with. It’s possible . . . that there might be something guarding the scepter. Other than that, I have no idea what could possibly be in there." She offered, grabbing his wrists gently to remove them from her cheeks. "We should probably check on Ozy . . ." She said, resisting the urge to lean into him.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 08:03:38 am »
Rikkard's stare, directed at Lyra, hardened somewhat when she was talking to him in what felt like circles. He knew it couldn't have been a person. People don't guard objects and tombs. It was an easy guess. He wanted to know if she knew what it was based on the energy. What made this situation worse was that she would likely have amplified them. He liked to think that he had soaked up some of her energy over the last month, that he could handle whatever it was. He looked towards the thick doors when she said that they should probably check on Ozy. He nodded at her, turning to look at her again. She was prying his hands off her face. He let go of her and nearly apologized for touching her in the first place.

"I'll go check on Ozy. I need you to go back to where we left Isaac, alright? Whatever is in there could be stronger with you around." He told her just as there was a high-pitched screech. Rikkard liked to think that he had never looked scared before. But he certainly looked scared in that moment. It was mixed in with determination though. "Sand furies." He hissed. "Go... now." He said to Lyra as he gently pushed her towards the stairs. Ozy suddenly popped up next to Rikkard, his hand stretched out for the necklace. Rikkard handed it over.

"They look like female mummies, but they have these scythes and they are fast." He tried to tell his boss in a hurry. Rikkard nodded. "Sand furies. Take Lyra back to Isaac. I'll take care of them." He said bravely. He turned away from the two and marched to the thick wall. Rikkard knew this was how bosses or leaders needed to be. They needed to encourage their people to fend for themselves, but then he needed to step up when they couldn't. He tended to remind himself in these situations that he was good before he was bad, one creature before the other. He had qualities of both, and the strength of both. He slammed his fist against the slab, making it crack. He then pried it apart with great effort. It gave way, but he was surrounded by five furies before his hands left the stone. He turned, facing each one for a second. Somehow his hair was no longer slicked back, a thick strand hanging in his eyes. He hunched his form, bulging his muscles. They moved fast, suddenly darting past him and slicing at him. Rikkard attempted to mach their speed, but he had more strength than speed. He calculated the movements of one who darted at him, striking her in her chest and reducing her to ash, but not before she left a gash on his cheek. He was hurting, bleeding from odd cuts. He was overwhelmingly angry, which had him setting himself on fire. The furies seemed taken aback. Rikkard looked at their rags of clothing, attempting to think above the screeching sounds. They would burn like dead grass. He took in a deep breath and then released all that energy Lyra had helped him to harbor. His flames extended to the furies, and suddenly they were burning. One more raced at him, but he grabbed her flaming figure and crushed her against him. His flames subsided and nothing but sand remained around him.

"The coast is clear." He called to his employees. Rikkard sunk to his knees, simply needing a moment to regain his energy and to heal himself. He touched his cheek, feeling his blood. He hadn't seen his own blood in a while.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 12:25:59 pm »
“Back to Isaac?” She asked, briefly confused as to why she couldn’t go with him. If her ability worked as he claimed, then whatever was in the tomb might have benefited from her presence since she didn’t have control over her powers as an Amp. For a moment, she was almost content with the decision not to go along until a shrill shriek made her pause as she chill shot down her spine. Her feet were heavy, as if cinderblocks were weighing them down. Lyra looked up at Rikkard and for the first time his expression wasn’t unreadable or that of dull indifference. There was fear in his eyes. “Sand what?” Her brows furrowed. He didn’t explain, and instead pushed her along toward the steps. “We should leave together Rikkard.” She said at his back as he headed for danger.

There was a moment of debate where she felt compelled to follow him. She didn’t want anything to happen to him, or Isaac or Ozy. But they all seemed so sure of themselves as they sprang into action, knowing exactly when to step up and when to fall back. If she wanted to live herself, she needed to do the same and when Ozy appeared suddenly—miraculously out of nowhere—she could barely bring herself to be startled over the deafening screeches that emitted from the tomb. She allowed him to escort her back to Isaac, who was waiting for them on the top landing of the steps. Lyra rested her back against the stony wall, trying to catch her breath while they exchanged whispers. Hours ago, she would have been more than willing to avoid their nonsensical conversations, but not now when they were likely talking about something important.

“Stop whispering. Tell me what’s going on.” Lyra demanded. They both looked at each other, one wanting the other to be the first to speak up. Given her initial disbelief, they wanted to tread lightly. In a tomb with traps and unmapped pathways, they didn’t want to scare her too badly.
“The plan is to let Mister Rikkard handle the sand furies.” Isaac spoke carefully. “When he returns, we’ll proceed, but for now we have to wait here.”

“What are sand furies?” She asked, and they both hesitated yet again. “Just tell me!”

“Alright, alright . . . Miss Lyra, no need to panic, okay?” Ozy said, moving closer to her as he sensed her fear and agitation. “Rulers often buried themselves with servants, yeah? The ones they liked the most so that they could serve them in the afterlife, you know that.” When she nodded he continued, “Well, this ruler in particular buried guards with her, to protect her and her valuables in the afterlife. It is safe to say, they are not pleased that we’re here.”

It was a hard reality to swallow, but she had to. “We should help him,” she decided, moving to descend the steps.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you going to do, Missy? Beat them with your Louboutin’s?” Isaac stood in her way, blocking her while Ozy wrapped an arm across her shoulders to hold her back. The three of them argued about who was staying and who was going till the sound of Rikkard’s voice interrupted their heated debate. Lyra pushed past the two, running down the steps to get to him. He was bleeding and winded. She pulled a bandana from her back pocket, pressing it to the gash on his cheek. “Are you alright? What happened?” It was obvious that she was concerned. 

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 01:12:58 pm »
Rikkard could feel Lyra approaching. He felt energized again, as soon as he saw her face. He did not expect her to press a bandanna to his bleeding cheek, especially not when he had been bleeding in other places. He was healing now that she was there. He took her hand in his and pulled the bandanna away from his face, to show her that he was healing.

"I'm alright. There were five. They were fast, but they burn too easily." He told Lyra, since she wanted to know. He had never dealt with sand furies before, but he definitely knew about them. He wasn't an old demon for nothing. He got back on to his feet and looked down at Lyra. He felt proud of her, of how far she had come and how she might have even discovered a part of herself.

"Why don't you go ahead?" He said as he nodded towards the open tomb. He turned towards it and looked inside. It was really magnificent. He bet that Daugherty was nowhere near this, at all! The walls were a magnificent golden color, and in the middle was the sarcophagus of the ruler. Her treasures were all around her, and the scepter was there too. He thought that Lyra should be the one to pick it up, to officially discover it. This was all in all her hunt, her victory. Ozy and Isaac had many triumphs themselves, but this was her first. Isaac fiddled with the camera around his neck, pointing it in her direction.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:40 pm »
Rikkard placed his hand over hers, removed the cloth that she press to his cheek. At first, she believed she had overstepped some boundary, or that the little assistance she gave him wasn’t welcome. Looking closer, she could see that his flesh was mending right before her eyes, stitching itself back together. Her green eyes widened, roaming all over him to see that the rest of his wounds were healing at an accelerated rate. “How . . .” She muttered in awe as he answered her previous question, which she vaguely heard in her state of astonishment. Lyra kept inspecting him until he rose to his feet. She did the same, dropping the bloody bandana to the ground. He indicated to the tomb, and hesitantly she moved toward it. After hearing the unnatural shrieking she was cautious even though she could no longer feel the malevolent presences she sensed before.

“This is . . . amazing,” she said, looking around at the gleaming golden walls and the many riches that surrounded the sarcophagus in the very heart of the space. It was surrounded by riches, and among them was the scepter. Its call was louder now without the threatening furies muting it. Lyra stepped over the smoking piles of ash on her way to it, reaching down to take it in her hands. She handled it carefully, expecting that its integrity might have degraded over time. Given the conditions, where it was unexposed to the elements, it was preserved well. “It’s beautiful,” she said, staring down at it in her hands.

The ruby orb reacted to her presence, faintly glowing with energy. It was so subtle that Lyra hardly noticed at first. It wasn’t until it began to hum against her palms that she realized it was strengthening, awakening after centuries and centuries of being dormant. After Isaac snapped a few pictures, Ozy brought over a cloth to wrap the scepter in. “I’ll take this . . . Can’t have you bringing down the tomb on us.” He smirked.

It was late by the time they made it outside the tunnels. They walked through the dark sandy desert, back to the site where they left the truck. Understandably, they didn’t spend the night again. They didn’t want to risk Daugherty and his group stumbling upon them and laying claim to the scepter. Isaac had them on the first flight out of Egypt to hurry it back to the States. Lyra was beyond exhausted, despite all the questions she had. She slept on the long car ride back to the city, almost all the way to the airport. 

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 02:13:35 pm »
Once they had the scepter, they were out of there. It was a great weight off Rikkard's shoulders. So much so that he wanted to simply sleep for a week. He didn't need nearly as much sleep, but he could if he kept thinking about the previous time and effort that they had put into this object. Now, with Lyra, it had gone by so fast. He needed some way to thank her - and he knew just the thing.

They were in the car, on the way to the airport. When they stopped there, he had Isaac take care of her. It was going to be a while till the flight came in, and he had more than enough time to do what he needed to do. Rikkard had stepped into the bathroom, but only so he could apparate to London without being seen. He was barely gone an hour before he returned with a parcel under his arm. He stuffed it into his bag, and finally they were on a much more direct flight back home. Rikkard had requested business class flights. Isaac had come through. He was reliable, despite being who he was. He was actually a thief. Rikkard met him through unfortunate means - almost being pick pocketed by him. What made him stand out to Rikkard was that it had been so close to working. Any human that can pull one over on a demon deserved to be working for him.

"Lyra." Rikkard said her name, addressing her less formally. They were comfortable on the plane, and he was sure that she would sleep all through the trip. "I was hoping that we could reschedule that dinner?" He offered. "How about tomorrow night, then you take the day off after the traveling to just rest up." He offered, looking ahead of him again. He was eager to get back to the office, simply so he could put the memories of all the blasted sand behind him.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 02:44:23 pm »
Lyra was eager to get back home. There was a great deal that she needed to process, and it was best if she did it alone. As she buckled herself in on the last flight of many, she looked over at Rikkard who proposed dinner. A large part of her wanted to close the door on all of the unnatural things she had discovered on their trip. She wanted to cling to normalcy because it was comfortable. The world he opened up to her was unfamiliar, and though she was innately apart of it due to what she was, she didn’t know if she wanted to immerse herself in it the way Isaac had. After a moment of hesitation, she nodded, deciding that if she truly wanted to make up her mind about whether she wanted to continue working at the shop and with Rikkard, she should at least give him a chance to help her understand. “Alright. Send me the details and I’ll join you for dinner.” With what she knew now, it would probably go better than their last dinner. 

She settled in for the long flight ahead, eventually falling asleep though she made attempts to stay awake. When she awakened, the plan was descending, preparing for landing. The moment they were on the ground, they got their luggage and got to the car that awaited them. Finally, they reached her home where the driver helped her with her bags. “I’ll see you tomorrow night,” Lyra said, offering him a bit of a weak smile before she exited the car.

She could breathe easier inside her home. Hannibal came up to greet her, the little bells around his neck jingling softly. He must have missed her, she assumed. He followed her up to her bathroom where she drew herself a hot bath to relax. After a long soak, she rested in the comfort of her bed, letting Hannibal curl up at her feet. Lyra slept until she couldn’t sleep anymore, and even then she was content to simply lay in bed until the little red light on her ipad caught her attention. She turning it on, pulling up the email Rikkard sent her with his information. She sighed softly, not really knowing what to expect, but she was determined to keep an open mind.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:17 pm »
It was just dinner, a simple invitation for her to see his home, to meet with him outside of work. It was intended to be more relaxing than anything else. He discussed the dinner with his housekeeper. They were in a heated debate about which starters and which sauces, but they both agreed on a chocolate kind of pudding. Rikkard eventually got too tired to argue with the woman, and just tossed his hands in the air to let her do as she pleased. He had told her that a lady was coming over, so he supposed that she knew better what Lyra would want.

He barely got any rest in before he went in to the office the very next day. It was quiet without Lyra, and things simply felt plain around there. He spoke to the serval skull for a while, out of pure boredom, then he set about to amend all the deliveries and appointments that they had postponed due to the sudden trip that they had to take. He did it because he thought it would be an asshole move of him to expect her to do it upon her return to work. He was at the office and he had nothing else to do, so it's what he occupied himself with. The clients were surprised to hear from the Mister Rikkard Sauer himself and not his assistant. He kept the calls short and curt, and he penned everything into his diary so Lyra would know if it too.

Rikkard got home to a series on wonderful smells wafting from the kitchen. He lived in what could be called a storybook mansion. It was your average mansion, with stone exterior, a black roof, and foliage growing up the sides of the house. He liked it because it most suited his tastes as a lover of antiquities. Something ultra modern and minimalist would simply not have done for the demon. Although, his home was more modern on the inside, with more open plan areas than one would expect. Just not as[/] modern.

Rikkard sent his car to collect Lyra, to be early compared to the time he had sent her on the invitation. He changed his clothes but remained formal looking, checked on the food, and fiddled with his private collection of items to make sure everything looked nice for her private viewing. The parcel he had retrieved was waiting on the set table, only now it was a black velvety box that was the size of her dinner plate. It had a ribbon around it, making it clear that it was a gift.
. . .
. . .

Jaxx

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2018, 06:32:54 pm »
Lyra readied herself, and though she was still a bit apprehensive she was eager for answers. She wasn't willing or ready to entertain Rikkard's claims before, and a quiet evening was the perfect occasion to have all her questions answered. She slipped on a dress with thin straps, one that was the color of poppy petals. It was a departure from the attire that she wore to work, though it was still form-fitting to highlight the seductive shape of her body. The dark colors she often donned was a way to not detract from the pieces they sold, but her wardrobe was quite colorful. The brilliance of the dress she wore now was a lovely contrast to her vivid green eyes. Her hair was down, slightly curled and gently tousled. Lyra slipped on a pair of heels and grabbed a matching clutch, something big enough to hold her phone and wallet, but small enough to not be a burden to carry around. By the time she was finished, the black car, sent to pick her up, was pulling to the curb. He held the door open for her, shutting it behind her once she was in and with that they were off.

The windows were tinted, so dark that she couldn't see much outside. It made the ride there suspenseful almost, not knowing where exactly he was taking her though she knew the general area well. It made the reveal of his home that much more surprising. When she stepped out of the car, she was amazed at the beauty of his property. It was picturesque and vast, but dark. It suited him well, she thought as she moved toward the large double doors. Lyra knocked, and not seconds later did the housekeeper answer the door. The kind woman stepped aside to allow her in, taking her coat before she hurried off to find the "master of the house," as she referred to him. It was such an old fashioned title, much like being called Lady Vallencourt.

Standing in the foyer, she didn't roam too far, but she did admire what she could see from where she stood. Whatever was cooking smelled delicious as well.

Knix

• The chaos you create
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:13 pm »
Rikkard truly didn't need the housekeeper to come and tell him that Lyra was there. Besides having heard the car, he knew his driver was always on time, plus he could feel her. He left his objects alone and walked to meet her in the foyer. He stood in the doorway as she admired something for a moment. He hadn't tried to sneak up on her. He was sure that his footfalls were loud enough for her to hear.

"Thank you for coming, Lyra." He said to her in a polite tone. He stared at her, admittedly letting his eyes roam all over her body He was sure that he would stare at her much more if she dressed up like that for work. It was unusual to see her in something other than the usual dark or black clothes. Not that she looked better or worse in anything specific. He just thought that this bright dress made her tits look somewhat more delicious. He broke his eyes free and looked into her green irises. They truly did stand out more with this dress.

"Can I offer you a drink?" He asked as he stepped closer. He put his hand on her hip and leaned in to give her a greeting that was somewhere between him kissing her cheek and giving her a one-arm hug. He leaned away again, but he kept his hand on her as he gestured her towards the nicely made up dining room. He was eager to get to the drinking part, so he poured himself a glass of bourbon and fulfilled Lyra's request as well. "I suppose you would like to see my private collection?" He offered. He was unsure if she was uncomfortable around him or not, so he was trying to fill the air with anything to entertain her - and to keep her interested in her job.
. . .
. . .